Hazlet CBC Dec. 31

  • Ryan Dudragne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Good Morning All,

      Yesterday, my father and I ended the year with the 3rd annual Hazlet
      CBC. It was a fine day, and we broke records with both numbers of
      species (17) and individuals (4548).

      Temperature ranged between -18 and -10°C, light winds, no precipitation
      and partly cloudy skies.

      Gray Partridge - 14
      Sharp-tailed Grouse - 7
      Golden Eagle - 2
      Prairie Falcon - 1
      Rock Pigeon - 11
      Great Horned Owl - 2
      Snowy Owl - 5
      Downy Woodpecker - 1
      Northern Shrike - 1
      Black-billed Magpie - 42
      Common Raven - 4
      Horned Lark - 18
      American Tree Sparrow - 1
      Lapland Longspur - 1
      Snow Bunting - 3335
      Common Redpoll - 949
      House Sparrow - 154

      ---------------------------------
      coyote - 1
      Nuttall's cottontail - 1
      American badger - fresh diggings
      deer tracks
      mouse tracks
      white-tailed jackrabbit tracks
      red fox tracks

      Best of Birding,

      Ryan Dudragne
      Regina, SK

      [PS: Last Bird/Mammal of 2012 = Black-billed Magpie/coyote
      and First Bird/Mammal of 2013 = Northern Flicker/cottontail]