Last Bird, First Bird

  • Kathy Hedegard
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
      Happy New Year Fellow Birders:

      My last bird of 2012 was a Northern Flicker.

      And what a sighting it was. I think Guy Wapple wants to tell the story of our Estevan CBC yesterday, so I'll leave the explanation to him. I'll just say we put in a long, sometimes hard, day and broke all previous species count numbers. A big thanks to Larry Preddy & Barry & Marilyn Dies for their help in our count.

      First Bird of 2013 is a Eurasian Collared Dove.

      I wish everyone a terrific birding year to come.

      Kathy H in Estevan
    • Alan Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
        Kathy:

        My last bird for 2012 was a male American Three-toed Woodpecker (Nisbet Forest)and first for 2013 White-breasted Nuthatch (Avonlea).

        Al Smith
        Avonlea

        --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Hedegard" <hedegardk@...> wrote:

        > Happy New Year Fellow Birders:
        >
        > My last bird of 2012 was a Northern Flicker.
        >
        > And what a sighting it was. I think Guy Wapple wants to tell the story of our Estevan CBC yesterday, so I'll leave the explanation to him. I'll just say we put in a long, sometimes hard, day and broke all previous species count numbers. A big thanks to Larry Preddy & Barry & Marilyn Dies for their help in our count.
        >
        > First Bird of 2013 is a Eurasian Collared Dove.
        >
        > I wish everyone a terrific birding year to come.
        >
        > Kathy H in Estevan

      • nikovich71
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
          Last bird for me, a male Northern Flicker in the backyard, and the first (just now) a Red-breasted Nuthatch.

          Happy New Year everyone!!

          Nick

          Saskatoon
        • lilliankaye@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
            Last bird of 2012 was the Sharp-tailed Grouse at the N end of the "7 Bridges Rd", and the first for 2013 was a Red-breasted Nuthatch at the backyard peanut feeder.

            Happy New Year!

            Fran K in Regina
          • Alaina Armbruster
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013
              Last bird here was a Common Redpoll.. First Bird was the Pheasant (and Redpoll, Hairy Woodpecker and House Sparrow)

              Alaina in Manor

              To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com