Re: [Saskbirds] Shorebird sighting!

  • Harv Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2001
      Hi Nolan,

      Aren't Long-billed Curlews impressive birds!  I just don't see enough of them around Saskatoon unless I specifically go birding west of the city and that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

      Sunday morning I saw my first swallows (Tree Swallows) of the year.  Today, Monday,  we froze our CHICKADEES off ... temperature was +1 degrees with about a 40 kph wind this morning!!!!

      Cheers,
      Harv

       Spend Saturday morning watching a Long-billed Curlew feeding in a field east of Cinema 6 in the south part of Regina.    Sunday AM he was gone!    Nolan Matthies
      Saskatchewan Wetland Conservation Corporation (SWCC)
      #101, 2022 Cornwall Street
      Regina, SK S4P 2K5
      Phone: (306) 787 - 6958
      Fax: (306) 787 - 0780