Re: [Saskbirds] Shorebird sighting!

  • Harv Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2001
      Hi Nolan,

      Aren't Long-billed Curlews impressive birds! I just don't see enough of
      them around Saskatoon unless I specifically go birding west of the city
      and that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

      Sunday morning I saw my first swallows (Tree Swallows) of the year.
      Today, Monday, we froze our CHICKADEES off ... temperature was +1
      degrees with about a 40 kph wind this morning!!!!

      Cheers,
      Harv

      Nolan Matthies wrote:

      > Spend Saturday morning watching a Long-billed Curlew feeding in a
      > field east of Cinema 6 in the south part of Regina. Sunday AM he
      > was gone! Nolan Matthies
      > Saskatchewan Wetland Conservation Corporation (SWCC)
      > #101, 2022 Cornwall Street
      > Regina, SK S4P 2K5
      > Phone: (306) 787 - 6958
      > Fax: (306) 787 - 0780