rare goose at condie?

  • Bradley Yee
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
      I'm at condie right now and ran into a kite boarder who said there had been lots of people at condie looking at/for a rare goose today. has anybody on the forums heard anything about this?
    • auntielyk
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
        --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Bradley Yee" <bradley_yee@...> wrote:

        > I'm at condie right now and ran into a kite boarder who said there had been lots of people at condie looking at/for a rare goose today. has anybody on the forums heard anything about this?

        Hi Bradley
        Yes there is a Brant's Goose at Condie. I just arrived home after spending the morning at Condie. I spotted it shortly before 11 this morning and it was immediately confirmed and photographed by Kim Mann. Fran Kerbs also saw it as did Keith and Ruth.

        Also at Condie were at least 3 Bald Eagles--two adults. Also spotted a Greater WHite-fronted Goose in with the thousands of other geese. We also saw a young porcupine in the trees near the south parking lot.

        We left Condie about 1 and the goose was at the extreme east near the ice at the time.

        Laurie in Lakeridge
        Regina
      • auntielyk
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
          --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "auntielyk" <cbk.lyk@...> wrote:

          > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Bradley Yee" <bradley_yee@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm at condie right now and ran into a kite boarder who said there had been lots of people at condie looking at/for a rare goose today. has anybody on the forums heard anything about this?
          > >
          > Hi Bradley
          > Yes there is a Brant's Goose at Condie. I just arrived home after spending the morning at Condie. I spotted it shortly before 11 this morning and it was immediately confirmed and photographed by Kim Mann. Fran Kerbs also saw it as did Keith and Ruth.
          >
          > Also at Condie were at least 3 Bald Eagles--two adults. Also spotted a Greater WHite-fronted Goose in with the thousands of other geese. We also saw a young porcupine in the trees near the south parking lot.
          >
          > We left Condie about 1 and the goose was at the extreme east near the ice at the time.
          >
          > Laurie in Lakeridge
          > Regina

          Should add that I don't know how to post to this site on my phone or would have done so earlier. We did let several birders know but most of them were out of town in search of a Hepatic Tanager.
          Laurie
        • Bradley Yee
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
            --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "auntielyk" <cbk.lyk@...> wrote:

            > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "auntielyk" <cbk.lyk@> wrote:
            > >

            > > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Bradley Yee" <bradley_yee@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'm at condie right now and ran into a kite boarder who said there had been lots of people at condie looking at/for a rare goose today. has anybody on the forums heard anything about this?
            > > >
            > > Hi Bradley
            > > Yes there is a Brant's Goose at Condie. I just arrived home after spending the morning at Condie. I spotted it shortly before 11 this morning and it was immediately confirmed and photographed by Kim Mann. Fran Kerbs also saw it as did Keith and Ruth.
            > >
            > > Also at Condie were at least 3 Bald Eagles--two adults. Also spotted a Greater WHite-fronted Goose in with the thousands of other geese. We also saw a young porcupine in the trees near the south parking lot.
            > >
            > > We left Condie about 1 and the goose was at the extreme east near the ice at the time.
            > >
            > > Laurie in Lakeridge
            > > Regina
            > >
            > Should add that I don't know how to post to this site on my phone or would have done so earlier. We did let several birders know but most of them were out of town in search of a Hepatic Tanager.
            > Laurie

            Ok thanks. Good thing I dropped my spotting scope on the sidewalk! also I just sAw hooded merganser.
          • auntielyk
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
              --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Bradley Yee" <bradley_yee@...> wrote:

              > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "auntielyk" <cbk.lyk@> wrote:
              > >

              > > --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "auntielyk" <cbk.lyk@> wrote:

              > > > Hi Bradley
              > > > Yes there is a Brant's Goose at Condie. I just arrived home after spending the morning at Condie. I spotted it shortly before 11 this morning and it was immediately confirmed and photographed by Kim Mann. Fran Kerbs also saw it as did Keith and Ruth.
              > > >
              > > > Also at Condie were at least 3 Bald Eagles--two adults. Also spotted a Greater WHite-fronted Goose in with the thousands of other geese. We also saw a young porcupine in the trees near the south parking lot.
              > > >
              > > > We left Condie about 1 and the goose was at the extreme east near the ice at the time.
              > > >
              > > > Laurie in Lakeridge
              > > > Regina
              > > >
              > > Should add that I don't know how to post to this site on my phone or would have done so earlier. We did let several birders know but most of them were out of town in search of a Hepatic Tanager.
              > > Laurie
              > >

              > Ok thanks. Good thing I dropped my spotting scope on the sidewalk! also I just sAw hooded merganser.

              Good you see the message. We also saw a M Hooded Merganser on the far side. There was also Eagles and Raven fighting over a dead F Common Merganser on the NW corner this morning. Kim found the bird and we had a good look at it before something took off with it.

              While I'm at it, yesterday Fran and I saw a Great Blue Heron with Hooded Mergansers and Goldeneyes on the river near the little dam east of Craven. Saw the heron the first time around the first corner east then a km or two east of there watched it feeding.

              Laurie