Mourning Dove

  • Kathy H
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2012
      There is a Mourning Dove among the Eurasian Collared Doves feeding in my yard today.

      Kathy in Estevan

    • Kevin
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 2, 2012
        Interesting and a little scary. It wasn't that long ago when we would be excited to have seen the opposite.

        Kevin

        --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy H" <hedegardk@...> wrote:

        > There is a Mourning Dove among the Eurasian Collared Doves feeding in my yard today.
        >
        > Kathy in Estevan

      • William Davenport
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 2, 2012
          Interesting that not one report of a Eurasian in Saskatoon this year?
          Bill
          Saskatoon
          Interesting and a little scary. It wasn't that long ago when we would be excited to have seen the opposite.

          Kevin

          --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy H" <hedegardk@...> wrote:

          > There is a Mourning Dove among the Eurasian Collared Doves feeding in my yard today.
          >
          > Kathy in Estevan

        • Gabriel
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 23, 2013
            Hey folks,
            Amanda just texted me about a FOS Mourning Dove in the south end.
            Gabriel
            Regina
          • valndoyle
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 10, 2014

              Doyle came into the tv room and announced he had seen a new this-year bird on the front lawn - so the guessing began. After five wrong guesses he said "No - it's a Mourning Dove''. We also have American Robins. So that's nice. We still have lots of snow in our back trees and some along the north side of the house but the fields look pretty yellow now. Three days ago on our way to Regina we saw a pair of Bald Eagles in a grove of trees along the highway west of Yellow Grass. The second grove of trees held nine Rough-legged Hawks and the third grove had four Rough-legged Hawks. Altogether we counted close to 30 on our whole trip plus two Common Ravens, two Red-tailed Hawks and one Snowy Owl. It was nice listening to the call of the flock of Red-winged Blackbirds south of Weyburn on Monday. Another thing I really like doing is stopping on a country road with lots of water and reeds around that house Yellow-headed Blackbirds atop of them and just listening to the birds' sort of shriek  call. We had friends along on a lovely day one time on a Creelman country road and our lunch along. It was calm and sunny and we just parked, rolled down the windows and enjoyed lunch while listening to the call of the marsh birds, an experience all of you have enjoyed. It just brings a warm wonderful feeling.  Thanks for all the great postings. Val T - McTaggart
            • valndoyle
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 16
                A morning Mourning Dove is feeding with the Common Grackles and pair of Red-winged Blackbirds right now. Nice to see. I am again spending most of each day in Regina seeing Doyle and miss out on much of the new bird arrival action here but we'll look forward to catching them later. Still enjoying all the Tundra Swans foraging south of Regina. Stopped to watch them yesterday. Bet some of you have been getting great photos. They've been there a long time and are getting closer to the highway lately. They keep their "'eads tucked underneath their wings' " when riding the high windy waves.

                Might slip up to AE Wilson park,thanks. Love Belted Kingfishers and we didn't get very good views of any last year.

                We have a pair of Canada Geese likely going to nest around the dugouts. They are walking at the end of the lane lots and fly off a short distance when someone drives past. Both dugouts filled nicely so am looking forward to what will stay around.

                Val T - McTaggart
                Val T - McTaggart