Hermit Thrush

  • Nick Saunders
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2012
      Finally, a Hermit Thrush in the yard this fall.

      Cheers,

      Nick

      S'toon

    • Al Hartley
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30, 2013
        Today ca. 0930 I found a Hermit Thrush behind the P.F.R.A. office building in Maple Creek. Also noted this morning a multitude of Eurasian Collared-doves, a passel of European Starlings, Dark-eyed Junco, Black-billed Magpies, Black-capped Chickadee, Red-breasted Nuthatch, American Robins, House Finches, House Sparrows, Rock Pigeons. We've had plus double-digit temperatures the past couple of days, what snow we had is mostly melted, and Maple Creek is running high. The 100 or so Common Redpolls that I've had visiting my yard most of the winter seem to have gone.

        Peace
        Al

      • Nick Saunders
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 16, 2013
          Good morning all,

          Finally, a Hermit Thrush has shown up in the backyard this morning, after I had to 'put the work in' to find this species recently at The Forestry Farm Park, at least now I have one for the yard list for the fall season.

          We still have a lone White-throated Sparrow and a single Harris Sparrow, plus a dozen or so Junco's. Who knows how long they will remain...

          Cheers,

          Nick

          Saskatoon
        • Nick S
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 25
            Nasty wet weather here in Saskatoon this morning, but  the light at the end of the tunnel is a nice first of the year Hermit Thrush in my yard right now.

            Cheers,

            Nick