OT Yahoo Sign In

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
      When I went to log into Saskbirds this morning, I had to sign in. Yet to do that, I actually had to sign out first then sign back in.

      It seem about every two weeks I have to sign back in. That's not too bad and it makes sense that you might not want your user ID open continuous. However every now and then, you have to do it only a day or two after the last time. I did this on Saturday as well. Neither my computer and internet were shut off in that time period.

      Does this happen to others? I tried to find it on the Yahoo home page but couldn't. Seems like something that should be there and maybe I missed it.

      Thanks

      Kevin in Regina
    • Alaina Armbruster

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
          I think there is a button that says "remember me" next to log in. I always hit that and it keeps me in for about 2 weeks. However if you turn off your computer every night then that might require you to log back in.

          Kevin

          --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, Alaina Armbruster <alainala@...> wrote:

          > i have to log in every time i go to visit the group..
          >
          > To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
          > From: kmscouts@...
          > Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 13:58:15 +0000
          > Subject: [Saskbirds] OT Yahoo Sign In

          > When I went to log into Saskbirds this morning, I had to sign in. Yet to do that, I actually had to sign out first then sign back in.
          >

          > It seem about every two weeks I have to sign back in. That's not too bad and it makes sense that you might not want your user ID open continuous. However every now and then, you have to do it only a day or two after the last time. I did this on Saturday as well. Neither my computer and internet were shut off in that time period.
          >

          > Does this happen to others? I tried to find it on the Yahoo home page but couldn't. Seems like something that should be there and maybe I missed it.
          >

          > Thanks
          >

          > Kevin in Regina

        • Bruce Wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
            At 09:58 2012-10-01, you wrote:
            >When I went to log into Saskbirds this morning, I had to sign
            >in. Yet to do that, I actually had to sign out first then sign back in.
            >
            >It seem about every two weeks I have to sign back in. That's not
            >too bad and it makes sense that you might not want your user ID open
            >continuous. However every now and then, you have to do it only a
            >day or two after the last time. I did this on Saturday as
            >well. Neither my computer and internet were shut off in that time period.
            >
            >Does this happen to others? I tried to find it on the Yahoo home
            >page but couldn't. Seems like something that should be there and
            >maybe I missed it.
            >
            >Thanks
            >
            >Kevin in Regina

            Yes, yahoops usually requires a "sign-in" every two weeks or so to
            make sure you are legit.

            Bruce Wilson
            Barrie, Ontario, Canada
            Life Member NMRA
            Member Scale 7 Group Gauge 0 Guild 7mmNGA
            Member Bird Studies Canada Ontario Bird Banding Association
            Brereton Field Naturalists' Club Simcoe County Banding Group
          • Ralph Goff
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
              On 10/1/2012 8:34 AM, Bruce Wilson wrote:
              > At 09:58 2012-10-01, you wrote:
              >> When I went to log into Saskbirds this morning, I had to sign
              >> in. Yet to do that, I actually had to sign out first then sign back in.

              I never have to go to yahoo to view the group activities. I get every
              member's postings delivered direct to my email inbox.

              Ralph at Lipton