Breeding birds surveys

  • Martin Bailey
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      I think winter is supposed to end. Time to think about getting out and
      about. What is happened to those structured observation times called
      following a breeding bird survey route? And given that they have been going
      on for quite a number of years now, where do I go to see published results?

      Martin Bailey,

      greetings from: Weyburn, SK., Canada.
      49.39N 103.51W
    • Rob Parsons
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
        Hi all,

        For anyone interested in seeing the results of Breeding
        Bird Survey (BBS) routes, go to the following web site, BBS
        Home Page:

        www.mp2-pwrc.usgs.gov/bbs

        and follow the links. There's a lot of stuff in the site
        and can make for fun browsing on a cold night!

        BTW, the BBS is always in need of competent birders to
        run routes. While not for everybody, if you can recognize
        the great majority of birds in a given area by their songs,
        the BBS is fun to do and it makes a good contribution to the
        body of scientific knowledge.

        Cheers,

        Rob Parsons
        Winnipeg, MB