North of Saskatoon

  • micknsharon <micknsharon@sasktel.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2003
      Drove the few miles north out of Saskatoon this morning to
      Martensville, returning on the gravel roads we saw a covey of 6 Grey
      Partridge, feeding out in the middle of a field. On one of the fence
      posts of this same field a Hairy Woodpecker settled for a few
      moments before continuing on its way. Around the landfill site we
      counted at least 20 Common Ravens; a few European Starlings were
      flying to and from the landfill to nearby trees, it was difficult to
      know how many because they were going in both directions across the
      road in groups of 3 to 5, I don't think there could of been more
      than 10 present.

      Cheers,
      Mick,
      Saskatoon.
    • martenstoffel
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2012
        Getting back home in this weather is a wakeup call winter is almost here.To get a handle on the bird action around the north end of Saskatoon I went for a drive.
        1 late Blue bird
        2 Short-Eared owls
        1 Pine Gr.Beak(new for my yard)
        and lots of Red P
        One Snowy Owl down town on a office building's airco.
        So long,
        Marten