Birding trip July 29

  • Alaina Armbruster
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012
      On the way home from saskatoon swung by YellowGrass and route 621... Ran into a fellow Saskbirder.. (he in fact aided me in spotting the owls.. Thanks Scott!)
      was able to add 2 new birds to my list - Burrowing Owls, and Foresters Tern..

      Additionally, Spotted:
      2 Bitterns (one sporting a very lovely mohawk)
      Meadowlarks (Females and Juveniles as well)
      Shoveler, and Babies
      Juv Horned Lark
      Willets (right at the corner of the highway and the turn off)
      Upland Sandpipers.. on telephone lines, on hay bales...
      Killdeer (quite a few..)
      Black Tern and quite a few young
      Savannah Sparrows
      Pintail females
      a few Swainsons hawks (including a Juvenile one being guarded by 2 adults)
      Western and Eastern kingbirds
      Yellowhead and Red winged Blackbirds
      Pied Billed Grebe and quite a few young (looked like one of em had a batch of 8 or so)
      Lesser Yellowlegs
      and a very lovely Sora was spotted!
      also saw 2 BC night herons.. wasnt able to get any shots of em though..

      Alaina from Manor