Lark Buntings

  • M A
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2012
      This past week, we had a phone call from one of our Southwest Naturalist
      members...

      On July 13, he went from Swift Current to Hazenmore, down to Mankota,
      and over to Val Marie. He was phoning to let us know that during this
      trip - between Hazenmore and Val Marie he saw at least 400-500 Lark
      Buntings, and in one concentrated area there was one flock in excess of 100.

      He was quite amazed to see so many, having only ever seen 1 or 2,
      sometimes 5 at any given time.

      - Mary Ann and Larry, Swift Current
      50° 17' 00" N - 107° 48' 00" W