VARC - April Blog!

  • Derek Matthews
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2012
      Hi Birders and Banders,

      I've just uploaded the first blog of the year covering set up in
      March and our first month of spring migration monitoring in April!

      An extremely busy period with LOTS of birds and visitors to the Colony
      Farm banding station and tremendous diversity with first banding records
      for AMERICAN TREE SPARROW, CASSIN'S VIREO and two NASHVILLE
      WARBLERS, DUSKY FLYCATCHER AND HOUSE WREN among the many other species
      banded this month.

      We have received a number of inquires from birders regarding help with
      early season Empid identification, specifically separating Hammond's
      from Dusky Flycatchers and we have included a short photo essay on the
      two species which we hope will help!

      For photos and information on all of this month's activity at VARC
      please click here:

      http://birdvancouver.com/blog_april12.html
      <http://birdvancouver.com/blog_april12.html>

      Happy spring birding and banding!