What we didn't see today - Snowy Owls

  • Val T
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2012
      We're in Regina four or five times a week and have been averaging between 8 and 12 Snowy Owls each trip. Yesterday we saw only two and today not one! There was a pair of Common Ravens just north of Corrine.

      We have Pine Siskins, Common Redpolls, Black-billed Magpies, Dark-eyed Juncos and House Sparrows feeding in the backyard. We've noticed the Horned Larks are mainly in pairs now. A few small flocks of Snow Buntings are seen along the country roads and by that I mean small....like about 5 - 6 in a grouping as opposed to 50 or more sometimes seen. The Great-horned Owls can be periodically heard hooting from across the road.

      Our road is near being blocked for the first time this winter. A good wind tonight should do it!!

      Val T - McTaggart