Re: [Saskbirds] Northern Goshawk and Harris's Sparrow?

  • K M
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      Hi Dianne. Hi everyone.
         The sparrow is definitely a Harris's.
         Really neat shot of the hawk.
             Kim in Regina

      ________________________________
      From: youngdi59 <youngdi59@...>
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:51:05 PM
      Subject: [Saskbirds] Northern Goshawk and Harris's Sparrow?

      Isn't this weather fantastic? I've been going out at lunch time with my camera to see what I can see. In the last two days I've seen a Northern Flicker, a House Finch, a Red-breasted Nuthatch and what I think is a Northern Goshawk. This is in Saskatoon in the Westview neighbourhood around Caroline Robins Community School where I work as an EA.
      Then today after school I wandered around the neighbourhood along Spadina Crescent and saw what I think is a Harris's Sparrow.

      If anyone would like to check out my pictures and see if I'm on the right track with my identifications, I'd really appreciate it.

      http://dianneyoung.ca/2012/01/31/this-weather-is-for-the-birds/

      Dianne Young
      Martensville

    • nikovich71
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
        Hi Dianne, I left you a comment on your blog :-)

        Cheers,

        Nick