northern hawk owl

  • dan sawatzky
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2011
      Hi

      I was sitting having lunch when a northern hawk owl swooped past my front window and landed atop the neighbours spruce. Thought it was a Merlin at first but quickly realized it was more exciting than that. Perched for a few mins then flew off to the east. Will be searching for it for the next little while. I live in Hillsdale at 66 Lake St if anyone wants to come and search the area.

      Dan
      Regina
    • Scott Manly
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2011
        OOOHHHH! I trust you will keep us posted if it shows up again!

        ________________________________
        I was sitting having lunch when a northern hawk owl swooped past my front window and landed atop the neighbours spruce. Thought it was a Merlin at first but quickly realized it was more exciting than that. Perched for a few mins then flew off to the east. Will be searching for it for the next little while. I live in Hillsdale at 66 Lake St if anyone wants to come and search the area.

        Dan

      • dtsawatzky
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2016

          Hi All

          Peter Ashcroft reported a Northern Hawk Owl, found yesterday, just south of Lebret. He will be checking the area again today to see if it is still around. A great bird for the southern part of SK.

          Dan

        • bobluterbach
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2016

            Thanks Dan..