VARC - September Blog!

  • Derek Matthews
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2011
      Hi Birders and Banders,

      I've just uploaded the September blog slightly early due to a
      forthcoming birding trip.
      September is our busiest month of the year with lots of returning
      migrants and dispersing juveniles moving through the park.

      A busy month for visitors too including another film crew – this
      time Shaw TV came out to film the banding and talk to us about avian and
      ecosystem conservation and there is a link to the video in the blog. We
      also hosted our last Bird Monitoring and Banding Workshop of the year
      and welcomed visiting British Ringer Tim Ball.

      The blog is loaded with information on fat and migration, confusing late
      summer warblers and flycatchers, molt and feather wear and lots more!

      For photos and information on all of this month's activity at VARC
      please click here:

      http://birdvancouver.com/sept.html <http://birdvancouver.com/sept.html>

      Happy late summer birding and banding!

      Derek

      Derek Matthews
      Vancouver Avian Research Centre
      Vancouver, BC
      www.birdvancouver.com <http://www.birdvancouver.com>

    • derekjmatthews
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
        Hi Birders and Banders,

        I've just uploaded the September blog with all the activity from
        this months banding and monitoring effort at Colony Farm. Migration was
        in full swing and there were lots of avian and human visitors to the
        station!

        For lots of information on molt and ageing and all of September's
        activity at VARC please click here:

        http://birdvancouver.com/blog_september12.html
        <http://birdvancouver.com/blog_september12.html>

        Happy fall birding and banding!