Migrants...

  • nikovich71
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2011
      Greetings all,

      Just had our first fall backyard visit from a healthy looking White-throated Sparrow.
      Also this afternoon, a Blackpoll Warbler, a female Canada Warbler, a Wilson's Warbler, Tennessee, Fall plumage-Blackpoll Warbler, 3 Yellow Warbler and a female American Redstart.

      Cheers,

      Nick

      S'toon
    • GORDON CROCKFORD
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2011
        I am in B.C. on holidays and on Tues. I went to a favourite haunt from my years in Richmond . The location is about 200 metres from some of the airport runways and hangars on the way to Iona beach regional park.I was quite surprised to find a freshly bathed northern mockingbird fly up and preen about 10 yards from me. That was a lifer . It is listed as a casual sighting for the Vancouver area so I called it in to their rare bird hotline. I also found Eurasian collared doves there so I guess they've made it to the West coast.

        Gordon Crockford
        Saskatoon
        ( currently in Sicamous )