Say's Phoebe

  • Sandy Ayer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 11:18 AM
      Yesterday morning at about 9:00 a.m. I saw a Say's Phoebe in Coventry Park (near 4th Ave. and Lewvan in Regina). A strange place for a bird I'd associate more with habitat on the fringe of the city. It's only the second time I've seen this species (my favorite local flycatcher) in my 13 years of birding in Regina (which may say more about my skills as a birder, or the extent to which I "get around", than it does about the relative abundance of the species).

      Sandy Ayer

      H.D. Sandy Ayer (Mr.)
      Director of Library Services
      Canadian Bible College/Canadian Theological Seminary
      4400 4th Ave.
      Regina, Sask., Canada

      S4T 0H8

      306-545-1515
      306-545-0210 fax
    • Kathy Hedegard
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
        Hi All:

        Just saw 1 Say's Phoebe and heard another, west of town along #18.

        A pair of Wilson's Snipes flew out of a ditch as I was passing; 10 Marbled Godwits were resting at a small muddy slough.

        There are two pairs of Common Loons on Rafferty.

        1 pair of Mountain Bluebirds seem to be occupying a nest box near the west entrance to Roche P Park.

        Kathy in Estevan

      • rmarchigiano
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28, 2014
          Greetings, While out on a little road trip this evening much to my delight I spotted a Say's Phoebe.The bird was perched along a fence line in a small valley northwest of Regina.I was travelling along Dewdney west.Approx.10km past the turnoff for Grand Coulee.Sorry I forgot to record the range road and my memory is notoriously short.I plan to return to the area in a few days though.Rocky, Regina