Osprey on nest with young

  • jrbirdboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 3:55 PM
      I went down to the river (Diefenbaker)on the 31st and met up with some family for the day. My Uncle & Aunt had reported seeing a Osprey nest near the river in Douglas Park. Mom and I followed the directions and found the nest with two adult birds and one young which was still only coverd in fuzz.
      After taking a lot of photo's we started are way back and found a slough with some shorbirds. Here's a list:

      Long-billed Dowitcher - 24+ (heard them)
      Pectoral Sandpiper - 1
      Lesser Yellowlegs - several
      Greater Yellowlegs - around 12
      Stilt Sandpipers - 12