Migratory Shorebirds

  • Geoffrey
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2011
      The following list represents non-nesting migratory shorebirds present on Sunday afternoon (May 29th, 2011)in the sloughs north of Warman along Twp. Rd. 400 west of Neuhorst:

      Stilt Sandpiper - 23 (+ another 120 at the pond north of Legends Golf Course adjacent to Highway 11 & Twp Rd. 392)
      White Rumped Sandpiper - 20
      Dunlin - 1
      Pectoral Sandpipers - 10
      Semi-Palmated Sandpipers - 25
      Least Sandpipers - 25

      Also Noteworthy was my first Common Nighthawk of the year, which was seen on May 25th at 3 pm winging it's way North in the vicinity of 8th St. & Preston in Saskatoon.

      Geoff
    • nikovich71
      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2011
        I too had my first Common Nighthawk of the year, giving its "peeet!" call over my backyard yesterday evening. It flew off towards the river.
        This morning I had a Brown Thrasher perched atop the very tip of my neighbours spruce tree in full song. It went on for over 10 minutes, and was quite a show.

        Cheers,

        Nick

        Saskatoon