Re: Last Mountain Lake Bird Sanctuary

  • Mike Kiss
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2011
      I was out that way yesterday. The road getting there is fine but the loop in the park is only partially open. It is closed right after the second dam. It is also flooded out right after the interpretive center. There are lots of pelicans arriving there, seen 3 flocks of tundra swans, 1 flock of sandhill cranes, 1 black-crowned night-heron and lots of the usual at this time of year.

      Mike

      Saskatoon

      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <moorek@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know what the road is like going through the bird sanctuary? For that matter is the ice off the water there? It wasn't off the main lake just a week or more ago but I noticed on the weekend as far up the lake as I could see all the ice seemed to be gone. However I wouldn't be surprised if ice still remained at the northern tip. Thought I might plan a day trip up there. Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Kevin

    • Mike Kiss
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2011
        Sorry... missed the part about ice... it is all gone.