Still Hanging Around

  • Melody Nagel-Hisey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2011
      The Eastern Screech Owl is still hanging around in Maple Creek. I hadn't
      seen it for a while but today at approximately 12 noon while out for my run
      I stopped by to check it's hollow. It was delightful to see it looking down
      on me. I learned today that the location of the ESO's hollow may be put in
      jeopardy as Maple Creek flood plans develop to include constructing a
      channel along the west side of town to divert water. The location of this
      channel will involve removal of a significant number of trees from along the
      creek right where the ESO has made its home. This is discouraging and likely
      will cause the ESO to move on for sure and not return.
      Will keep you all posted as I learn more.

      Melody
      Maple Creek, SK