SSHA

  • dan sawatzky
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
      Hi

      A Sharp-shinned Hawk cruised through the yard today.

      Dan
      Regina
    • M A
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2011
        As Larry pulled into the driveway late this morning, a Sharp-shinned
        Hawk flew out of our mountain ash tree in the front yard... Certainly
        explains why the birds were almost non-existent this morning at the
        feeder, and why the Bohs were even more flighty than usual!! The only
        bird that was at the feeder this morning was a sick looking House
        Sparrow (it didn't even fly away when I went up to the window.)

        Unfortunately, it looks like one Boh must have become lunch for the
        Sharpie... When he came home this afternoon, Larry noticed there are Boh
        feathers on the fresh snow near the mountain ash tree. Right now there
        aren't any birds in the yard at all, front nor back yards.

        That will likely be it for the excitement in our yard today.

        - Mary Ann and Larry, Swift Current, SK
        50° 17' 00" N - 107° 48' 00" W
        http://dudrl.sasktelwebsite.net