Winter Birds

  • Kathy Hedegard
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2010
      Morning Birders:

      It's lightly snowing down here in Estevan this morning

      My first Winter bird was a Common Grackle,

      followed by Downy Woodpecker, House Finches, House Sparrows, Pine Siskins, Eurasian Collared Doves

      I hope everyone has excellent Winter birding.

      Kathy in Estevan
      http://stilllifewithbirder.blogspot.com/

    • Gordon Taylor
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2012
        Today the northern Hawk Owl is still believing that our back yard is the best feeding area it has found so far. For all the complaints about House Sparrows at feeders rember that their chatter is the siren call to other birds that hear it as a great gathering place! This works in all seasons! Gordon and Reta in Saskatoon.