Loggerhead Shrike near Refinery

  • tsb2001@sasktel.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2010
      This morning, I saw a single Loggerhead Shrike near the Upgrader. This is my first sighting of this species since spring.

      I carried on to the Corrections Center Pond.where there are adult and juvenile Ring-billed Gulls, Franklin's and California Gulls. Many duck broods of all sizes on Wascana Marsh and ponds north of Regina. Saw American Avocets in several groups plus a single Greater Yellowlegs. Black and Forster's Terns on Wascana Marsh and Lake.

      Enjoy your birding