New birds for Saskbirds List

  • Harv Lane
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002
      Howdy folks,

      I'm still waiting for predictions for the last couple of birds for the Saskbirds 2002 year list.  I maintain that we'll add Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch and Sage Grouse as our last two birds ... in that order.  Anybody want to challenge that assumption and make a different prediction?

      On a quick trip to Moose Jaw and Caronport on Thursday I picked up 4 Great Horned Owls between 4:00 and 6:15 pm.  There was still some open water with Goldeneye between Chamberlain and Moose Jaw  ... Buffalo Pound I think  ... but Blackstrap is completely frozen over.

      The Hilltops continued their dominance over wester foes (Rams have becomes university problems) with a 55 - 9 decision over the Okanagan Sun this afternoon ... apparently they have sun but not a "dry" cold in the Okanagan!!!!

      Cheers,
      Harv