Thanks

  • prairieval
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2002
      Thanks Martin. That's who they indicated would to be looking at it.

      Even though Magpies aren't loved by everyone, they are huge, quite
      beautiful and we really enjoy watching our three or so bounce from
      limb to limb and on the ground. They haven't proved to be too much of
      a problem here over the years and do provide the odd entertainment
      session with a squirrel or the dogs.
    • valndoyle <val_doyle_thomas@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2003
        Thank you one and all for all the thought and research! The responses
        were all so enjoyable.....I really think the Lazuli Bunting is a
        'delightful sparrow.' :-)) Think we'll end up pronouncing the birds
        what we 'think' is right. If we excitedly call out something really
        way out on one of our bird outings with you folks, you can have a good
        laugh at our expense.

        Parula, hmmmm, "par" "oo" "la"? :-)

        Might have known you would all come forth with such enthusiasm. Thank
        you!

        Val
      • Mary Ann <dudra.m@sk.sympatico.ca>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 22, 2003
          Great question, Val! We've always wondered the same about the
          Pileated (and we've been calling it "Pill", too!!) [That was the
          most exciting bird we saw in Waterton Lakes the past two summers
          (finally -- it was on top of our "want to see list!)) as well as the
          Stellar's Jay.]

          Great discussion everyone!! Happy Birding everyone,

          - Mary Ann
          http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/dudrl/

          --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "valndoyle <val_doyle_thomas@h...>"
          <val_doyle_thomas@h...> wrote:
          > Thank you one and all for all the thought and research! The
          > were all so enjoyable.....I really think the Lazuli Bunting is a
          > 'delightful sparrow.' :-)) Think we'll end up pronouncing the birds
          > what we 'think' is right. If we excitedly call out something really
          > way out on one of our bird outings with you folks, you can have a
          good
          > laugh at our expense.
          >
          > Parula, hmmmm, "par" "oo" "la"? :-)
          >
          > Might have known you would all come forth with such enthusiasm.
          Thank
          > you!
          >
          > Val
        • Gordon Taylor
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30, 2007
            Once again Bob a big thankyou for sharing your knowledge of where to bird. We do not often get a chance to do serious birding in the Qu'Appelle Valley but I have made an hard copy of your last missive to keep in my "to do file". One never knows when one will be in that area and your directions are there to guide us. Keep up the great work! Gordon.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 30, 2007
              I wish we had a current guide for this area to inform everyone of the potential good birding locations;however, that is not a reality at this time.

              My goal is to provide people with some of the better areas nearby so that they can bird whenever they wish or can.

              The southern areas of Last Mountain Lake are outstanding during fall migration particularly into later September, October and into November. The location I described is one of these better areas.

              Just now it seems that the National Wildlife areas at the north end of Last Mountain Lake is perhaps the destination of choice.

              Good Birding

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2013
                Thank you to all to those who post the good stuff to Saskbird. Also once again an extra deep obeisance to Bob Luterbach and BIG thanks to Kathy Hedegard. I shall return next year with hopes of eventually getting more than a glimpse of Sage Thrasher. The Great Sand Hills really are great and an important habitat that could be harbouring all kinds of goodies.

                Oh and I saw my first Eurasian Collared-Dove in Regina, not Calgary -- don't know why my brain glitches to locate that city in SK.

                Liis Veelma
                enroute to Winnipeg