Sharp-shinned Hawk back again

  • nikovich71
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2010
      This morning while walking back from the Shoppers Drug Mart via some back alleys , I watched an adult Sharp-shinned Hawk fly, then perch on an Elm Tree over 2nd street east while drawing the angry attention of 2 Chickadees.

      I also forgot to mention the abundance of Robins I have seen since Saturday.
      Gord and I found at least 12 off of Valley Road, and Manu and I saw maybe 6 towards Hanley.
      The question is are these early arrivals or over wintering birds.

      Some photos from the previous weekends trip up North, now on my blog :

      http://www.saskbirder.com

      Cheers,

      Nick

      Saskatoon