General Stuff...

  • gwapple2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2010
      Fellow Birders,

      Congrats to Mr. Lane on your lifer RU BU!

      This means you're only four behind me now, so I guess I should think about heading up to Creighton to keep the spread at five! Seriously, life has been rather hectic both over the holidays and into 2010 thus far, so those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them! I do hope the bird survives---even if I'm unable to get up there to see her in person.

      We'll see what next week brings in the way of opportunity.

      Not too much action along the track these days. There have been more flocks of Sharp-tailed Grouse recently, but Gray Partridge are few and far between. Numbers of Redpolls (99.9% Common, but many are just "redpoll sp") have increased dramatically since before Christmas. There are also more Horned Larks than other years too. Many of them are mixed in with the large flocks of Snow Buntings that have also increased the past couple of weeks.

      My best recent bird was both new for 2010 and my winter bird list. On Jan. 11, a single American Crow was flying at the end of a string of Common Ravens near the dump west of Unity. There were 55+ Ravens in the area that day!

      Cheers,

      Guy,
      S'toon