New Year Bird

  • Kathy Hedegard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
      Happy 2010 Birders.

      It's a nasty -35C with extreme wind chill warnings today. I was out before dawn spreading more seeds, filling feeders and water dishes. The first birds of the year to visit my yard are Eurasian Collared Doves, flying in from their spruce-tree roosts.

      Best to all
      Kathy in Estevan

    • skyman845
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
        okay it is way to cold out there; however, saying that my first bird of the year are Grey Partridge, I know have 10 birds living in my backyard. What is really neat is being able to watch them as they poke their heads out of the snow after they have hunkered down for the night, I have a picture with 5 little heads visible

        Greg in Regina