Lone Ross Goose on River at Saskatoon

  • sk_fish1
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2009
      I took a walk along the South Saskatchewan River just before noon. The weather was just too nice to be indoors. Besides I wanted to try out my new scope. There was a flock of some 400 Canada's of at least two sizes. Amongst the small Canada Geese was a lone Ross Goose which was only slightly smaller that the Canada Geese in its company. Not much else along the trail between the weir and the Mendel Art Gallery: 5 mallards, 1 American Coot, 3 Lesser Scaup, several Black billed Magpies and a lone Blackcapped Chickadee.

      Ron in Saskatoon