Re: No N. Wheatear

  • ValandDoyleT
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2009
      Hi....we almost went ourselves in search of the N.Wheatear but had promised the grandkids to watch them at their Regina swimming lessons. Sorry you guys didn't see the N.Wheatear but in another way it's great you got to meet each other!

      We have a few Dark-eyed Juncos and lots of Harris' Sparrows feeding out here. Our animal viewing is almost as exciting as the birds. We were watching the Harris' Sparrows when a stray black cat appeared, chasing everything off of course. It looked like it was eating the bird seed off the ground. Then voila, right behind the cat ambled by a huge buck - trophy antlers! That was yesterday morning. This morning I was watching again the birds, American Goldfinch, Harris' Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrows, Black-billed Magpies, when a squirrel came along onto the feeding table. They don't fly when the squirrels come. BUT, our beautiful cat Ben then crept up on the squirrel and jumped onto the feeding table also. They looked at each other, then the squirrel jumped down and held onto the table leg, then eventually ran to the poplar tree with cat in persuit. Ben took a huge leap up and back down at it..he's a super straight-up-in-the-air jumper.

      Val