Condie, Valeport and Hwy 99.

  • b_quiring
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      I went out to Condie, Valeport and Highway 99 Wednesday morning. I found mostly what I would expect with a few interesting observations. Almost no waterfowl at Condie expect for a few Scaups, Mallards and Western Grebes. Waterfowl numbers were higher at Valeport with Pintails, Buffleheads and Ruddy Ducks, which were all new fall birds for me. Along Highway 99 there was a large number of Turkey Vultures, seventeen of them circling in one spot. Other hawks in the area, included two Red-tails one Swainson and one Sharp-shin. Also throughout the entire area there were a strong number of Meadowlarks, which I have not seen for a couple weeks.

      Also worth noting is that my dad was at Luck Lake on Tuesday and he said there were thousands of Swans on the lake and a large number of Sandhills as well.

      Brett