Re: [Saskbirds] Any Whooping Crane sightings?

  • tsb2001@sasktel.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2009
      Kevin
      This location does not have ANY signs and may require a high clearance vehicle because the trail/road to and along the dike trail typically has tall clover and other vegetation growing both in the center and along the edges. To my knowledge this trail/road has never been mowed.

      The Chaplin Marsh Ducks Unlimited site is situated along the southwest edge of Chaplin Creek just prior to it joining Chaplin Lake. It is accessed from a reasonable road west along the fence off the correction line from ' RR 'range road' # 40, just north of # 363.

      If you contact me offline I can guide you via Google earth to the location or perhaps someone else can post better directions.

      The most recent sighting of the Whooping Crane is Aug. 29 by the Preibes.

      Good Birding