RE: [Saskbirds] Reporting from Pense

  • gloria pawliuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2009
      Well Thankyou for the welcome LOL.. I have been following this site

      for years now and I have to say I have learned alot because of it.

      So a big Thankyou to all of you for sharing...

      Gloria

      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      From: j.nordquist@...
      Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 16:45:43 -0600
      Subject: Re: [Saskbirds] Reporting from Pense

      We have a formal welcoming process,it's called "Bob says hi"--Original Message Text---
      From: tsb2001@...
      Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 15:42:32 -0600

      Great to have additional reports covering new areas. Welcome Gloria and others newly joined plus keep up the good work everyone. I know my feeders are
      busy and sounds as if that is the norm elsewhere. The Downy Woodpeckers, Red-breasted Nuthatches and Pine Siskins continue here along with yard
      Robins and Chipping Sparrows. I can imagine that feeders are very important during this particularly cold spring and today wet weather.

      We have a vast Province and so many species to enjoy and much habitat to explore. If anyone does not receive much personal feedback here on the
      forum know that all reports are valued and much appreciated by definition. We have no formal welcoming process just a great community with a thirst to
      learn, explore and share.

      The migration now is perhaps mainly over and in transition to the exciting breeding season. This can be a time to learn the songs and observe the behaviour
      of the typical birds living in our neighbourhoods and areas we explore. For example, I am certain that learning the songs and calls of the Orchard Oriole will
      inform us that this species is extending its colonization of the Province, one shelterbelt , grove, copse, poplar bluff, urban forest, at a time.

      Good Birding