A new month of birding begins..

  • Nick Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      Well, now that its March, Spring doesn't seem too far away, even if
      the cold doesn't seem to have ceased !

      I'll keep this pretty short as I'm heading back to bed for a couple of
      hours as I work tonight.

      Our Saskatoon Nature Society trip to Gardiner Dam yielded us 23
      species , and 5 mammal species including a Moose.

      'Highlights' were a still lingering female Bufflehead on the open
      water , many Sharp-tailed Grouse on the journey down , 15 American
      Robin still at Coldwell Park and good numbers of Horned Larks now
      making an appearance.

      My winter list ended up at 66 species, with many personal highs
      including Eastern Towhee, Great Gray owl, Northern Mockingbird &
      Boreal Owl.

      I failed to get Golden-crowned Kinglet on the list as I found none
      after November.

      Cheers,

      Nick
      Saskatoon