Common Redpoll

  • Val
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
      Until reading the postings this morning I never thought of last
      bird/first bird. Our last bird seen on December 31st 2007 was a Common
      Redpoll which turned up at our feeders yesterday. They have been absent
      for a while now. This little one was still out picking on the ground
      when it was getting quite dark. This morning the first bird of 2008,
      what else, a House Sparrow waiting on the table. Still dark out and
      stormy when I went out to shovel the sidewalk and clear feeding paths
      for the birds.

      Really enjoying the great finds by everyone on their bird counts.

      Happy New Year everyone.

      Val T - McTaggart
    • Val T
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2011
        Yesterday we had a Common Redpoll checking out the feeding table.

        Val T - McTaggart
      • Kathy H
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 25, 2012
          I have one Common Redpoll in my yard this afternoon as well
          Kathy in Estevan

        • Val T
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 26, 2012
            Our daughter just brought in a Common Redpoll that was head first into the snow. It has taken a couple of drinks of water and seems to be perking up quite nicely. We'll release it shortly. Lots of Common Redpolls (around 30) at the feeder along with five Black-billed Magpies and one Dark-eyed Junco and 40 House Sparrows. Great to throw out feed with all the company here as everyone ends up taking turns checking the windows to see what's out there, especially the grandchildren.

            Val T - McTaggart