Estevan Backyard

  • Kathy H
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hello Birders:

      I'm back from some travels and happy to report a pretty good selection of birds in my backyard and immediate neighbourhood here in Estevan.

      1 Blue Jay
      1 Northern Flicker
      1 Downy Woodpecker
      1-2 Hairy Woodpeckers
      ~20 House Finches
      Many House Sparrows
      2-4 Black-capped Chickadees
      2-4 White-breasted Nuthatches
      1-2 Red-breasted Nuthatches
      40-50 Eurasian Collared-Doves
      1 Mourning Dove
      2 Common Grackles
      1 Rough-legged Hawks overhead yesterday afternoon
      25-30 White-winged Crossbills
      ~15 Pine Siskins
      Rock Pigeons
      Canada Geese - flocks of 15-20 flying low throughout the day

      Thanks for the hungry raptor alert, Dan. Val Thomas mentioned seeing Snowy Owls around the Weyburn area - I expect she'll post about that in the next few days.

      Kathy in Estevan