Dive-bombing Magpies

  • Nick Saunders
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 7:50 PM
      Greetings folks,

      Nothing too exciting to report, as we have been out of town most of
      the weekend, but today I heard a ruckus out the back and looked up at
      the telephone poles to see a Northern Flicker perched next to a
      Merlin, both of whom were being mobbed by 4 Magpies.

      Backyard latest : The Swainson's Thrush seems to have moved on, but
      today bought another Orange-crowned and a Tennessee Warbler.
      We also had a visit from a Grackle and a Blue Jay.

      I plan on checking out some of the parks next week, then its time for
      the Fall bird count.

      Cheers,

      Nick

      S'toon