owl nest report

  • Poulin, Ray TPCS
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2008
      We've reached a milestone...100 great horned owl nests reported so far!
      Please keep them coming...

      http://www.royalsaskmuseum.ca/life-sciences/owls-2008-report.shtml

      Ray - Royal Saskatchewan Museum

    • Kristen Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2008
        Hi everyone
        I decided to take advantage of the warm spring weather and went for a walk around Wascana Lake this morning.  Along with lots of gulls and Canada geese on the lake I also saw:
        10 Mallards
        19 Common goldeneye
        2 Redheads
        8 Northern shovelers
        and 2 Canvasbacks

        While walking around the lake I also spotted:
        7 Dark-eyed juncos
        4 Black-capped chickadees
        and 1 American robin

        I also saw a mink scooting around the edge of the lake.

        Have a great day and enjoy the warm weather!

        Kristen Martin