Announcement: Trainng Course for Wildlife Rehabilitation: March 8-9

  • Stan Shadick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      The Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of Saskatchewan (WRSOS) is hosting a
      /Basic Wildlife Rehabilitation Course/ on March 8-9, 2008 at the Western
      College of Veterinary Medicine in Saskatoon. The trainers and
      curriculum come from the International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council
      (IWRC) who offer training around the world. The course has a minimum of
      32 spots and a maximum of 42. The course fee is US$150.

      WRSOS is focusing on expanding our wildlife rehabilitation base around
      the province in the next few years. This course is a starting point for
      us. We hope to build a broad base of people interested in supporting
      Saskatchewan wildlife so that resources become available locally to
      minimize the trauma of transport to the animals.

      Anyone interested in attending the Basic Wildlife Rehabilitation Course
      may call Jan Shadick at 306-652-5975, if you have any questions or send
      an email to jshadick@... . Interested individuals can also get
      more information or register for the course online at the IWRC website
      at www.iwrc-online.org/training/calendar.cfm by Feb. 15th.

      WRSOS would also like Saskbirds to know that we have a Wildlife Hotline
      number of 242-7177 for anyone finding injured or orphaned wildlife.

      Submitted by Stan Shadick, Saskatoon.