Photo update.

  • rebel_xsrm
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2007
      Hey gang,
      Just a quick line as I have to head off to work soon.

      I went for a drive around Lumsden and The Seven Bridge road.I saw a
      couple nice hawks,Swainson's and Red Tailed.A little walk along the
      Cottonwood creek I got a lifer in a Willow Flycatcher or at least I
      think it is,a Spotted Sandpiper,2 Belted Kingfishers flew over,many
      house wrens,baltimore oriole female,song sparrows,vesper and lark
      sparrows,eastern and western kingbirds,catbirds and brown thrashers.Oh
      I almost forgot a Racoon family which I didn't get any decent pics of
      before they ducked into a den.Still no results on those elusive
      Buntings despite an extensive effort.

      I did some updates on both albums so if you have enough bandwidth
      check out the Photobucket album as well.

      Take care,
      Rocky

      http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x3/rebelxs/
      http://souloftheprairie.spaces.live.com
    • nikovich71
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
        Very nice Rocky .
        I have a few updates to post myself , having just returned from
        Waskesiu.
        I'll try and get something on the Blog this week before I head off to
        Lac La Peche for a few days.

        Cheers

        Nick

        Saskatoon
      • rebel_xsrm
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
          Thanks Nick.
          It's good to have you back my friend.
          I look forward to seeing what you found!:)

          Take care,
          Rocky in Regina

          > Very nice Rocky .
          > I have a few updates to post myself , having just returned from
          > Waskesiu.
          > I'll try and get something on the Blog this week before I head off to
          > Lac La Peche for a few days.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Nick
          >
          > Saskatoon

        • KL P
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
            Rocky your photos are amazing, they just keep getting better and better. I went through your whole photobucket what a treat!!! I especially love foggy landing and the bittern in flight. You have captured all of the birds so well, especially the flight shots, I know how hard that is to do. Do you sell prints? I think there are many in your album that would make beautiful prints. Thanks for sharing, always looking forward to more updates.

            Take care

            Kay-Lynne

            rebel_xsrm <rebel-xs@...> wrote: Thanks Nick.
            It's good to have you back my friend.
            I look forward to seeing what you found!:)

            Take care,
            Rocky in Regina

            > Very nice Rocky .
            > I have a few updates to post myself , having just returned from
            > Waskesiu.
            > I'll try and get something on the Blog this week before I head off to
            > Lac La Peche for a few days.
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Nick
            >
            > Saskatoon

          • rebel_xsrm
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 30, 2007
              Thank you so much for all the kind words Kay-Lynne,your doing splendid
              yourself.

              The flight shots can be difficult but with practice you will be amazed
              how skilled you can become with this technique.I won't get into any
              specifics on technique here as this is a birding forum.If you want to
              drop me a line KL I always enjoy sharing what I've learned with others.

              I like to share my passion with others so I'm not here for self
              promo.But at the same time who wouldn't want to consider selling some
              work to pay for the exorbitant costs of equipment,fuel,and vehicle
              maitenance.My litle truck has taking a beating on those grids this
              year! :-)Whether I decide to or not is irrelevant.It is a rewarding
              pastime beyond any financial or personal gain.I simply love it!

              Best regards,
              Rocky