Re: Owls

  • el_supremo01
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 7, 2007
      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Val" <val_doyle_thomas@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Pete and Nick and Rocky. Your photos are always so wonderful,

      Thanks Val. Glad you enjoy them.

      > Yahoo sent notice they are discontinuing their photo section
      > sometime in September ...
      > ... This will
      > probably affect the yahoo photo area on this forum??

      As far as I can determine this does not refer to the photos section of
      groups like Saskbirds. Yahoo has its own separate photo site much like
      flickr, in fact it seems that Yahoo owns flickr. Apparently, Flickr is
      so much more popular that they're taking Yahoo Photos down.

      So, Saskbirds photos are safe.

      > Our (notice we
      > have claimed them now lol) Burrowing Owls are doing really well so
      > far.

      I would love to see your Burrowing Owls! Maybe one day.

      Best Wishes
      Pete
    • valndoyle
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 11, 2016
        We had a better-than-usual-for-this-winter experience last night between 6:00pm - 6:30 pm after we left Regina. Just south of Regina was a Rough-legged Hawk on a sign post. About 2 Kms north of the Yankee Ridge Road was a Great-horned Owl sitting on top of a power pole. Then to boot, we actually saw four Snowy Owls on power poles, all within half an hour. Nice for a change.

        Val and Doyle Thomas - McTaggart