Rafferty & Loon

  • Kathy Hedegard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi People, I was just over at the dam - no sighting of the RT Loon; however, there are a lot of people fishing, boats bobbing along close in to shore and a few big pleasure boats. The water is also quite choppy.

      Many Western Grebe's; possibly a Clark's - it dove and I didn't catch sight of it again; Ruddy Ducks; Ring-billed and Franklin's Gulls, a flock of Am. White Pelicans were flying overhead. I think they decided there was too much activity as well.

      I'll go back out this evening and early tomorrow morning. It's a big body of water, though. Sure would like to see this bird in breeding feathers in Sask. I've seen them in winter just off Vancouver Island.

      Kathy in Estevan