Winter Wren

  • Brenda Schmidt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      I just gave the year list a quick look to see what we can add.

      May 26 - Winter Wren down the Marache Road near McRobbie Lake (maybe 15
      km south of Creighton).

      Harvey & Brenda Schmidt
      Creighton, SK
    • Brenda Schmidt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2008
        Addition to 2008 Saskatchewan Year List:

        Winter Wren - 2 heard along highway 167 (road from Denare Beach to the
        Sturgeon Weir R.) on May 23.

        Harvey & Brenda Schmidt
        Creighton, SK
      • jrbirdboy
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 30, 2011
          We had the following in our yard today:

          Winter Wren - 1
          Palm Warbler - 1 faded male
          Yellow-rumped Warblers
          Dark-eyed Juncos - Pink-sided & Slate
          White-throated Sparrows
          Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
          Ruby-crowned Kinglets

          Joel
        • Jared Clarke
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 12, 2013
            Just thought I would pass along we are looking at a Winter Wren at our farm near Edenwold.

            Noticed him on the small garden tractor first lol. Got some good looks at it while it foraged in the hedgerow. And it also vocalized with its alarm chatter.

            Very cool. Only the second time I've seen this species.

            Jared Clarke
            Edenwold, Sk
          • Jared Clarke

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 26, 2015
                I forgot to mention that mom saw a Winter Wren and a Cinnamon Teal last week.

                Joel S. Of Morse