New Photos

  • rebel_xsrm
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30 10:49 PM
      I've posted some new photos from my trip out to the slough this
      evening.I had an exceptionally good night and I'm finding that having
      patience is the key to getting some great shots.Sitting still and
      allowing the birds to aprroach you as opposed to trying to walk up to
      them.lol

      I had at least 4 New year birds for me.American Avocet,Lesser
      Yellowlegs and a couple others I'm going to ask you experts for some
      help with.The ducks I seen as they flew overhead and I can't say as I
      have ever seen them before.Looked through my field guide and I was
      still shaking my head.The other birds I had seen were a medium sized
      shore bird that I've seen before but I don't have a lot of knowledge
      of them.

      The ducks were One dark colored head and black bill,the other brownish
      gray with a orange bill,both had white undersides.I will post up a
      photo later.

      The shorebirds flew overhead too in a flock of about 20
      birds.Although my photo is dark and blurry they appear to have a
      reddish brown head with striping,short slightly curved bill and white
      undersides.
      Thanks any help would be appreciated guys.

      Well take care all- Rocky M. Regina

      http://souloftheprairie.spaces.live.com
    • rebel_xsrm
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2007
        I now have my photos posted from my last couple trips.Although I don't
        have time to go into great detail about my sightings.I did see 3 new
        year birds for me,Least Flycatcher,Grasshopper sparrow and I'm pretty
        certain a Magnolia Warbler.I didn't get any pics of the latter 2.

        While out walking I had a Northern Harrier that didn't really
        appreciate my presence and made several charges at me.Although I was a
        bit unnerved by it but the agression made for some nice close ups
        which you will see in the photos.

        Rocky in Regina

        http://souloftheprairie.spaces.live.com