Great Blue Heron at Tyvan Dam

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2007
      Yesterday, I saw a Great Blue Heron arrive in the evening at the Tyvan Dam.
      It was proceeded by a flock of 63 Sandhill Cranes. The limited open water
      had a group of 23 courting Common Goldeneye, 4 Lesser Scaup, 2 Ring-necked
      Ducks and 170+ Canada Geese plus a few Cackling Geese. Some flocks of Snow
      Geese passed over the area.

      I saw a couple of Northern Harriers during the drive to the area in the
      morning.

      Good birding