A.E. Wilson Park and Gulls on Wascana

  • Brett Quiring
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      Despite couple bad days yesterday and today I managed to get out into
      the park both days. Waterfowl have finally found the park with three
      pairs of Mallards in the area. Yesterday I also saw a male Common
      Merganser, although he was gone today. Also of note Juncos are back on
      Boreal Island in numbers. I also managed to spot a Tree Sparrow on
      Prairie Island. Surprisingly, Common Redpolls are also still in the
      area. I heard some in Dieppe Saturday and a saw another group of at
      least five at some feeders adjoining A.E Wilson.

      Also last night I went to watch the Gulls on Wascana and I ran into
      Steven Weir. He showed me the lay of the land and it was nice to be
      able to put another face to a name. We saw thousands of Ring-bills,
      along with some Californians, Herrings, three Franklin's, a Glaucous
      gull and a possible Thayer's. Also on the lake were a male Common
      Merganser, a pair of Pintails and the usual Mallards and Cdn Geese.

      Brett Quiring
      Regina, SK