Re: The venerable cinema six rd

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi Jim

      you bet. I out up 20 boxes between Cinema 6 and Monica Slough last
      week (brining the total to 25). Even though I live in Saskatoon (for
      now) my heart is still in Regina

      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Nordquist" <j.nordquist@...>
      wrote:

      > the Nordquist's went out after supper just to see an owl or two.
      We went straight east on said road,not much water
      > yet,few geese , gulls,snow geese flying every which way. the first
      of 13 se owls was spotted on the ground not too far off
      > the road. It was doing its best to look like a lump in the
      stubble, the next one was sitting a little more in the open right on
      > the ditch cut. Then it just got busy. At one time I looked at an
      actual lump with my Bino's just to see two owls further
      > back in the field of view. The first snowy,there may have been
      some I missed being so busy looking at SEOWs, was
      > sitting on one of the few remaining snow drifts around. The next
      two were on Sasktel pedestals and in the fading light we
      > almost missed them. My dad, the birdophobe,spotted the 2nd SNOW
      just as I was about to turn the car.the third SNOW
      > flew up because it was on a pedestal right beside the road. Number
      four SNOW was sitting tryingto pretend it was part of
      > an oil pipeline structure. Almost got away with it ,too except I
      just happened to look at it for some reason. There was a
      > possible 14th SEOW ,but I can't be sure. It appeared to be big
      bird ,hover-flapping and staying in place,like a kingfisher
      > does. It seemed to have a longer tail,but it was at such a
      distance... oh well,where's my Clarkevision wheni need it? By